Thursday, May 15, 2014

Disney Day 1

This morning I woke up at 4:45 to get ready to go to Disney World with Dave, Aunt Christine, Kimberly, Amanda and Nancye. We got here around 1 and got to check into our hotel, freshen up and head to Animal Kingdom. 

This was waiting on our bed :) I love it
We are staying in the part of the hotel thats 101 dalmations themed. 
Then we were on our way via the shuttle bus from the hotel. This is a major perk to staying on the Disney property. 

In front of the tree of life with my boy. 

Our first ride was the safari and it was so cool. My favorites were the hippos, elephants and the giraffes. 

Kimberly and I did the river rapid ride but nobody else felt like getting soaked. We definitely got wet but not soaked. 

Then it was off to Everest which was AWESOME! I rode it 2 times and the rest of the group rode 3 times. I was getting a headache so took a break. Dave is actually in the picture below, hint he is in a white shirt. 

We did a few more rides and walked around then had dinner at the Rainforest cafe at the park. The service was not amazing but the food and drinks were delicious as well as the decor being really neat. They said this is the biggest one in the country seating more than 1,000 at a time. 


We headed back to the hotel for a few minutes then off to Hollywood studios. The only thing I got to ride was the rockin rollercoaster which was awesome but the park was about to close so our time was very limited. 


Dave and I headed back to the hotel to ice my hurting ankle while everyone else watched a show. We ended up at the pool for a few then back to the hotel. Finally chilling after a long day but it was great. Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom which I can't wait to go to!! 

<3 Sara

No comments: