1. Having very little drama with anyone!! (this one was HUGE)
2. Spending time with my family which is a constant every year but this year for some reason this meant even more to me. Maybe I am becoming more emotional with my old age (hah) but being with my family is honestly something I cherish whether it is 5 minutes for hours on end. My mom has told me repeatedly over the last 10 years at least that one day I will realize I have only my family and a few close friends. Guess what mom, you are RIGHT! :)
3. I got myself quite a great boyfriend and even though we aren't perfect we really do fit well together. I feel like he is truly the man I am meant to be with.
4. With that great guy I have formed a bond with his children. Obviously I know I am not their stepmom by any means yet but I pray that I make a good impact on their lives and that they always look back and know that we had fun together.
5. I have started going back to church and it has been a great change. I am not perfect with going every Sunday but I do try.
6. I also joined a small group with one of my best friends. Without her I would have never joined. This got me out of my comfort zone and definitely got me thinking more about friends and life.
7. I have become a little bit more open with people about myself. I wouldn't say I was a completely closed book before but definitely not an open one. It is something I will constantly work on.
8. I have blogged more and I love that. I go back every few months and read my posts and a lot of times I have forgotten little piece of information and that is why I love this thing! One day I would love to print it out as a book. We shall see when that happens.
9. I have made it a point to constantly do something fun at least once a week.
10. I got an aquarium pass and have not regretted it. We know I love the sea turtles so that is obviously my favorite part. Plus the kids LOVE going and they learn and have fun while they are there.
11. I went to Disney!!!! This trip was so much fun and I loved getting to see Dave experience it for the first time. Being with some of my family was an added perk!!
12. I have made my exercise a bigger point of my life again after my ankle injury.
13. Dave and I went to Savannah twice and I am thinking it is kind of our go to day trip spot. We both love it and have yet to explore the whole area. We may even go this weekend!
14. Through sicknesses I have tried to never feel sorry for myself or let it get me down. For some reason this year I have battled a lot of random stomach problems and anxiety which I have done my best to conquer through. It is SO easy to just let things like that consume you and no I wasn't perfect everyday with that but I tell you what I will NOT let it ruin my quality of life.
15. I have learned life can be SO short and you just never know what kind of curve ball it is going to throw you. They say to live everyday like it is your last and you know what it is TRUE!! We have to do our best to live life the way God wants us to. Give all our troubles to him and not worry about what tomorrow holds.
16. I have learned to value each and every person God has put in my life! He even took a few people out of my life that were BIG parts of it and at first I wasn't so accepting of it but you know what. I look back now and realize it was one of the best things he has done for me.
17. Speaking of people God put in my life. I have to say I truly value my few girlfriends SO much. They are always supportive and always so darn positive and I know I am a lucky girl.
18. Live everyday with purpose!
I know there are probably so many other things I can add to this but I don't want it to be a novel. This list is all over the place but that is how my brain works ;)
My birthday has already been very special and I know the rest of the day will be the same. My parents are having a party for me and a NYE party at the house tonight so that will be fun. I appreciate them doing the work to have my birthday even more special. My parents are amazing and I love them so much!!!
OK before I sound anymore sappy or whatever I will sign out!!
Everyone have a very safe NYE and a Happy Happy New Year!!!