Thursday, September 29, 2011

St. Louis day 8

My very last day in St. Louis... sad times! We woke up early and headed out the house! We had to fit in more sightseeing before I left for Charleston. My flight wasn't until 5 so we had a bit of time! our first stop was the Arch. I had been dying to see it and was thinking about taking the elevator to the top. BUT it was booked up so no such luck, darn! haha I wasn't all that disappointed but I would have definitely done it. George was willing to go with me so I would have had to act tough even if I was scared out of my mind. haha After we explored the arch and the museum we headed for lunch at Hooters. Cardinals fans were all over the place! There was a game around noon so it was cool to see. They really are some hard core fans up there!





Me and my Amish bonnet. I was excited to see some Amish people too! That was another first for me!





I think he must have had a little captain morgan with his breakfast :)



I am the spec at the bottom of this picture





After lunch we headed to a park which was really neat! The pic below is the courthouse with the arch behind it. And I just love the blue fountain in the pic too! Apparently they make it turn all sorts of colors throughout the year.



After the park we went back to the Budweiser brewery and made it in time for a tour! And guess what? It was FREE! :) with 2 FREE beers at the end. But the line was long and we had to leave.

















After the brewery it was time to head to the airport. Actually we had a lot of time but ran out of things to do and it was too far to go home and then the airport. I ended up getting to the airport 2 hours before my flight and got through tsa in uh 5 mins! can we say boredom? The rest of the night was like this because I also had a 3 freaking hour layover in Atlanta. I finally got home at almost midnight! Exhausted!!! Such a great trip and I can't wait to go back!!!


Sara

No comments: