Thursday, February 11, 2010

Middle Schoolers

So I know I mentioned awhile ago that I would start helping out with our youth group at the church. Well due to my schedule and my dog etc I decided the Middle School group called Uprising will be the place for me. At least for now. I may go to the high school one at some point. Anyways, I went to my first group this past Tuesday. Im not going to lie, I was REALLY nervous! I am one of those shy people at first and turn red when ANY focus is brought towards ME! AHHH! But when I got there I met the leaders and then went to Socialize with some of the kids. Well I ended up getting schooled in connect 4 by a girl named Celeste. lol She kicked butt and I was horrible I had zero strategy! haha Then I got to eat some yummy pizza and learn how to play 4 square. A lot of people think im ridiculous because I didn't know how to play. Im still confused and never know when im "out". but thats ok! Anyways we did a lesson and then broke into 2 groups. It was pretty cool there was a girl named Courtney who latched onto me when Sean (youth pastor) tried to seperate us. That made me feel good so I had at least one student who thought I was cool. :) Well we played apples to apples (first time I played that too) and that got me out of my shell a bit more. Sean had ALL the kids in our group say "HI SARA" REALLY loud!! Im surprised my face didnt turn BLOOD RED. it changed colors but not BLOOD RED! Then we got all back in a group and wrapped everything up. All in all I had a really good time and im hoping next time is even better. I just hope God uses me in a great way and that I learn along with the kids! Trust me I have alot to learn but this is a good place to do it.

BTW in one of my previous posts about the church I have had a serious change of heart. There are some things that had happened which I will not bring up but situation has changed and im happy where I am at. Satan has been working overtime in my life lately ESPECIALLY at work. But im not letting him break me down anymore the battle is ON! That felt like a IN YOUR FACE kind of statement.

I just can't wait to see what the future has for me!! I am rather excited!


Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!! Its ALMOST the weekend WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! Oh and a 3 day weekend at that. :) And Ill do my NYC day 2 sometime soon. Thats the LONG day so it may take awhile.




<3 Sara

No comments: