Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Picnic time

The Wednesday after our wedding is when his parents headed back to NJ AND the kids went to their moms for a bit to celebrate Alayna's birthday. This was the first time Dave and I were truly alone, besides 5 minutes before passing out each night, since the Friday before the wedding.

He knew I had been feeling stressed/tired so he had an idea and made me go with it. I am not one for surprises but a surprise picnic at the park was very much needed. We got chick-fil-a then headed to the North Charleston Riverfront park, found a spot in the grass under a big tree and it was perfect. We only stayed out there for an hour but we just ate, layed there, talked, watched a plane that kept flying and enjoyed each others company.


 

It was a much needed hour to ourselves, I hope we do more of this in the future because it really was relaxing. Maybe once October comes back around because holy cow it is already SO hot outside.

Sara

No comments: