Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Netherlands

My dad sent me this e-mail the other day and I just loved the pictures so much I had to show you guys. Seriously, how gorgeous is this landscape?? I can only imagine how great it would be to see it in person. Just wow! God is amazing with the things that are on this earth and this is definitely one of those amazing things! I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I did. I know a couple of my co-workers loved them too! It's nice to see things like this when you are in a cubicle all day with no windows in sight! lol

The Netherlands in May


At first glance, it looks like a giant child armed with a box of crayons has been set loose upon the landscape. Vivid stripes of purple, yellow, red, pink, orange and green make up a glorious patchwork. Yet far from being a child’s sketchbook, this is, in fact, the northern Netherlands in the middle of tulip season. The Dutch landscape in May is a kaleidoscope of color as the tulips burst into life. The bulbs are planted in late October and early November. More than three billion tulips are grown each year and two-thirds of the vibrant blooms are exported, mostly to the U.S. and Germany .








These last 2 are my favorite ones! Especially the first one, of course I am a sucker for a gorgeous Sunset.


Sara

1 comment:

Holly said...

LOL!Too funny to see a link to this on your sidebar! I just posted the same photos a couple of days ago! :)