Thursday, June 1, 2017

1 Year Anniv. Date

 As most of you know Dave and I hit 1 year of marriage this past Monday.
 I will say this marriage is the BEST but it is not easy, there has to be more than just love for each other. This year has been eye opening for us both and full of growth together, personally and spiritually. I can't wait to see what this next year looks like and all the years that follow.
 
Since our actual anniversary was also memorial day we decided to go out Sunday night to celebrate plus if we stayed out late (I know I just laughed at that too) at least we didn't have to wake up early the next day.
 We got dressed then headed downtown around 6ish. I used the Trip Advisor app (anyone else love this as much as me?) and found a new place for us to try for dinner.
 We ate at The Griffon which was a very small place labeled a pub and known for it's fish n chips. It was really neat inside with dollar bills literally EVERYWHERE. People wrote things on them and then stapled them to the wall. So we started off with the loaded tater tots which I could have just ordered one more and that been my dinner. They were honestly THAT good I am surprised we didn't lick the plate. Dave had a philly cheesesteak and honestly I can't even remember right now what I ate. It was good but I guess not good enough for me to remember haha.

 Since we were so close to waterfront park we decided to go walk around since the weather was so nice.


 Rainbow Row


 One last stop before we headed home, Kaminskys! Dave had never been before, we waited 20 minutes then had the best desserts. He ordered a strawberry milkshake, chocolate mouse cheesecake and I got the Tollhouse Cookie pie with ice cream. Next time I am ordering a strawberry milkshake, it was absolutely amazing.

 We walked back through the Market to the car and headed home around 9. Remember that whole staying out late part at the beginning of this post?? HAHAHAHA We are old souls and honestly the only other thing to do downtown after 9 is to go out drinking or continue walking around which didn't appeal to either of us.
 
Actually I lie the other things to do would be ghost tours which are pretty cool. We want to do the Haunted jail tour at some point.
We did buy one thing while we were out and that was this picture. Apparently there are traditions for gifts when it comes to wedding anniversaries and the first year is paper. So we bought ourselves a picture to put in our house.
 
Great date and I can't wait to see what the future holds!
 
Sara

No comments: