Friday, March 25, 2016

Our last day in NJ

 Remember I said it started to snow on Sunday night, it didn't stop until around 6 Monday morning. So a good 12 hours of snow!
 We woke up to a winter wonderland, it snowed a good bit where we were. And of course I took a lot of pictures, shockingly I deleted a TON! It was absolutely beautiful everywhere especially all of the farms but I was more than happy when it melted. I like snow for an hour or so then I am over it! And seriously thank God for Uggs!!!

 We were supposed to get both the kids but Logan was sick and come to find out Alayna was still sick she was just having a few hours of feeling good. They both got diagnosed on Tuesday with the flu but they are apparently doing a lot better now.
 We took Alayna to see his mom and step dad then we all went to breakfast. This is where I knew she didn't feel as good as we thought, she didn't eat a thing, layed her head down and felt really warm.

 We dropped her back off so they could head back to Charleston. We got back to the hotel then went to the gym and the exchange. We also went to Wal-mart and to wash the car, there was salt all over it. Apparently the car wash is a happening place right after snow, lots of cars there!
We went to his brothers house that evening to see some of the fam one last time and of course we got some pictures. I knew I wanted pictures while we were there so we could finally have pictures of him and his family in our home.
 We headed home Tuesday morning at 5:30am, we had a very early start because we were stopping in VA to see his buddy for a minute and we wanted to get home in time to find out what baby Newman was going to be. Needless to say we didn't make it on time, we got there around 6:30 so that's about 13 hours of travel time minus potty breaks and 45 minutes with his buddy in VA. It was a long long long day and we were beat!
Dave had the rest of the week off but not me. I almost took Wednesday off but remember I said the kids had the flu, well they were at my house all day Wednesday. Work won over being home with sick kiddos.

Yesterday we went to the design center to pick out everything for the house we are building. I thought this was going to be quick and fun and while it was mostly fun it was also quite stressful. I also had NO idea there would be so many little decisions like cable outlets. The price of our home went up about $14k by the time it was all said and done but we are happy with everything we chose and we are still good with our mortgage. win win!

 Planning a wedding and building a house at the same time might not have been the best decision BUT it's happening! Luckily we are doing things pretty simple for the wedding though so it's not as stressful as it could be but there is still a LOT to figure out which I am not always good at.

Luckily they are better because we have a lot going on this weekend with is being Easter!


No comments: