Monday, December 5, 2016

Thanksgiving weekend

Normally our Thanksgivings are spent with my moms side of the family but last year things were changed up a bit and we continued that change this year. We had Thanksgiving at my sisters new house and it was just Mom, Dad, Shannon, Lola, Isabelle, Dave and myself. We obviously were missing Krystal, Vincent and Oliver which stinks but once you have a significant other with family in town holidays get tricky. We get them for Christmas so I won't complain.
 
Dave and I got there around noon and hung out until almost 5.
The girls made a gingerbread turkey, so cute!
 

 



Isabelle reading a Thanksgiving story, very cute.








Lots of food, hanging out, lots of walks outside with Henry and as many pictures as I could take.
 
Side note: I was in my Aunt Susans room yesterday and I was looking around at all these pictures she had in her room. I know for a FACT she is the reason I take pictures all the time of everything. She always took lots of pictures especially if we went out places like the gardens.

Dave and I decided Thanksgiving night to go to Target to check it out. We figured why not, we had nothing else to do and we didn't have the kids. It was definitely interesting but we got a few good deals so it was worth the trip. We were back home within an hour so it definitely wasn't bad!
 
Saturday was the Clemson Carolina slaughter I mean game. Clemson killed Carolina! We hung out with the fam on JI for awhile.


Sunday after church I went and picked up a pallet Christmas tree someone was selling and come to find out the guy actually makes them. I love supporting small business so I was thrilled with this purchase. I may paint it next year but for this year it will stay like this.
 
We hung out for the afternoon before Dave had a buddy of his come over to install the lights I bought a few weekends ago. They look AWESOME!! I am so happy with them especially the light over the island.

 


I forgot to mention Saturday morning while my husband slept until 11 (channeling his inner teenager staying up late playing video games) I wrapped a TON of Christmas presents. I actually didn't even get them all wrapped but most of them got done. It looks like I went crazy this year and I guess I kinda did BUT I got so many great sales/discounts so I am pretty pleased with everything this year. I plan to start early again next year because that helps a TON.
 
December is already off to a busy start but I love it!
 
Sara



No comments: