Monday, July 13, 2015

Living Proof

Friday morning was an early morning, I got to work a little before 6 so I could leave at 11 to head to Greenville with Ashley to see Beth Moore. I was so tired and very thankful Ashley was driving us the 3 1/2 ish hours to get there.
 This little cutie hanging out with me before Ashley picked me up to head to Greenville.
We made pretty good time and got to my cousins house about 3 where we dropped off our stuff and I changed clothes. We got back in the car and headed downtown to Falls Park to walk around and see the falls. It was really pretty but holy cow was it HOT HOT HOT! We were sweating and wanting to shop but I guess we were on the wrong side of main street because all we saw were places to eat and a cvs. We decided after figuring out our wrist bands were back at the house anyway to go grab some early dinner then head back to the house. Best decision ever! We got dinner at Chicken Salad Chick which was really yummy, their broccoli salad was to die for!


We headed to the Wellness Center where the Beth Moore conference was being held around 6 to have enough time to find our seats and just look around at the vendors. There really were not a whole lot of vendors but we were able to get a water, we got some free pens and signed up to win something which I am assuming we didn't win haha then found our seats. 

 Before the event started, so glad we got to experience this together, love this chick!

 The music was great and the lesson was really good, it lasted almost 3 hours Friday night then we headed back to Scott and Kates to put on Pj's hang with them for a little bit then pass out. I think the glass of wine helped me sleep because I literally PASSED OUT, I normally sleep aweful but this night I slept amazingly. Like I said before I was at work before 6 so that probably had something to do with it as well. haha

 We got back to the center around 8:15ish Saturday morning and we wanted to request different seats. Let me just say those seats were AWEFUL, there was no room, I was practically sitting on the lady next to me which normally wouldn't bother me BUT I don't know her and she had aweful breath. Thankfully the event staff for Beth Moore were super nice and let us change seats. We thought we would just end up in a different seat nothing special BUT we ended up in a "party suite" that definitely had us curious when she gave us our new bands. So we walked to our new seats and found out we were in like the box seats which were AWESOME!!! We were right by the bathroom, we had ROOM to not only just sit comfortably but to move around. There was even a ledge in front of our seats so we were able to take notes much easier. This was the BEST decision made, we were so much happier Saturday which worked because that was the longer session. 8:30-12:15.

 So one thing Beth asked us on Saturday was basically what we felt God brought us to the conference for/what we got out of it. I forget her EXACT question. So I obviously start thinking because the most obvious is just learning about God and getting to worship with other Christians. BUT she wanted us to dig a little deeper. So for me it would be to get more into his word AND to start putting him more in front of my anxiety instead of letting the anxiety sometimes control me. Ashley and I both agreed we need to get into the word and one thing I kept feeling was I need to get on my knees when praying. This is something that will be a bit difficult for me even though it seems so simple because I can't get over how silly that will be. haha
 Bathroom selfie because I felt cute in my skirt which I saw about 4 other women wearing haha apparently this is a popular maxi skirt at Target.
 So like I said the event ended around 12:15, we went to meet Scott, Kate, Alicia and baby Oliver for lunch at Adams Bistro which was SO good. I got the baked potato soup and it was heavenly, I wish I had ordered a bowl instead of a cup but I wasn't that hungry when we sat down.
After lunch we decided to head home because it was still SO hot and we just were ready to get back.

 Thankfully we did because we ended up in yucky traffic before Columbia which definitely slowed us down for about 30 minutes. We stopped in Columbia for a starbucks then headed the rest of the way home. It took us about 3 1/2 hours or more.
I am so thankful for our quick little trip and truly enjoyed getting to spend some quality time with Ashley.
So Dave had the kids this weekend and when I got home they talked my face off haha it was funny but I was so tired so we hung out for a bit then we all went to bed around 9.

 Before I forget since I added these pictures, Friday night Dave dropped Alayna off to have a sleepover with Isabelle, Lola took this picture of them, cuties! Mom and Dad were getting a new driveway and they all put their hand prints in with their names. Too cute!

 Sunday after getting a good bit of sleep but not enough to make me feel all refreshed we got up, had breakfast then headed to church. I won't lie and this sounds aweful but I would have probably not gone had I not had to serve at 10:15. Come back from a church conference then skip church? HAHA I am probably going to hell for even saying that. KIDDING!  I was just SO tired but I am glad I had to serve because they sang a few songs that I had loved from the conference and pastor Chris made me feel even MORE pushed to get into the word. coincidence? I think not! PLUS the kids really love church and that would just be wrong of me to not take them.

We went to the AFB after church so I could workout since I only got to like 3 times last week because I felt sick most of the week and went out of town. I was so glad Dave was on board with this otherwise I would have probably had to go by myself. The kids really like playing there so it worked out PLUS I had a snack and drink waiting for them after church to hold their tummies over until lunch time. WINNING!

We hung out at my parents house and had dinner with the family, I love making sure I get family time every weekend!
 We then headed home to wait on mommy to get them and for us to get ready for the work week. This Monday is pretty rough so far, simply because I am just so sleepy still but I am so thankful for such a great weekend! I am truly BLESSED with the life God has given me and I don't take it for granted.

No comments: