Monday, November 14, 2011

Darius Concert

This past weekend was awesome!! I am doing it in 2 posts just because I have SO many pictures. I am actually not even posting them all but I picked my favorites.

Friday was Veterans Day so I actually had the day off which was nice. I woke up hit the gym then had lunch with my friend Ashley and her adorable baby boy. I wish they lived closer so I could see them more. After lunch I went and spent some time with my grammy at the hospital. On Tuesday she had surgery on her heart and then had a pace maker put in on Thursday I believe. She is doing really well and I enjoyed getting to spend a couple of hours with her. It was just us and I enjoyed it. Although she did force me to look at her giant cut down her chest. I am not good with stuff like that and it made me feel sick. What was worse... the nurse came in to take out one of her IV's which happened to be in her neck. Let's just say I am glad I was sitting it was not fun to watch. Then the nurse is like hey can you watch this just to make sure it doesn't start gushing blood. She obviously didn't know I am not good with that kind of stuff. But we both survived the couple of hours. She was also appreciative I was there to help her with her dinner. She actually said thank you I couldn't have done it without you. It made me feel good! She has done so much for me in my lifetime and it was nice to finally be able to help her with something.

After the hospital I hung out with my friend Jen. One thing I love about hanging out with Jen would be we can literally sit in her living room for hours and just talk. It is SO rare to find someone like that where you can be content just sitting there talking. However, we did eventually get off our butts and had Mexican for dinner. YUM!

Saturday morning I hit the gym at like 8am for spin class and tanning. I ended up the rest of the day with my sister shopping. It has been a while since we went out so it was nice to spend time with her and the girls. Later that night was the Darius Rucker Concert. Laura went with me and we had a BLAST. He seriously puts on an amazing show. He had 2 opening acts Thompson Square and Justin Moore, I didn't know ANY of their songs. They were still very good performers and I enjoyed getting to listen to them. We took a TON of pictures. Well I really should say Laura took a TON of pictures haha.



This was what I decided on for the concert. I didn't find anything that day to wear so I just wore clothes I already had. Money saved :)



Nice butt and he had GORGEOUS blue eyes





Intermission and BEER!

(Note: never in my life did I ever picture myself drinking beer at a country concert! Goes to show you how much life can change haha)










DARIUS!! Best Concert!







After we left the concert we headed downtown for a drink. We didn't plan to stay more than an hour. annnnnd 3 hours later we were headed home! haha We ended up drinking a few drinks/shots and dancing down at NV. I had a guy ask me to dance and when I turned my head he looked like a white Steve Urkle... I felt so bad but I had to say no. Of course I probably wouldn't have danced with any guy to be honest... just not looking! Thanks!




Poor Kathy got cut out of this picture. Sad thing is it was her husband who took the picture.



I have had so much on my mind lately it was so nice to get out and just let loose for a night. I definitely needed Saturday night!! It was such a great time and when Darius Rucker comes back to Charleston I am so there!! He seriously is amazing!!


Sara





No comments: