Sunday, September 17, 2017

Kayak Adventure

On Friday while I was checking my email I had an email from Coastal Expeditions that they were doing kayak and SUP rentals at 50% off for Locals as a way to recover from Irma. I jumped on this because back in May we were supposed to go but it got cancelled due to wind. 
I went over to Kimberly then Dave and once they were on board I made the reservations for Saturday at 1230! 
 We had a blast and the day was absolutely beautiful. 







 Dave out there paddling, he had fun until his legs started to go to sleep. He turned back before me and Kimberly. 
 







Kimberly and I ventured further into the Harbor to see the bridge and regretted it. The harbor got more rough and we struggled to get back to the creek. My shoulder was absolutely KILLING me. 

Once we got into the creek it wasn't as bad. Kimberly was a little behind me because I just paddled as fast as I could to get back. 


 
 
 All in all we had a good time but definitely next time we will stay closer to Shem Creek and not go out far into the habor that way we dont kill our arms/shoulders and we could actually do the 4 hours.

The facility and the staff were amazing I would definitely go through them again. I actually went through this company when I went to Bulls Island a few years ago. That is one place I would love to take Dave. The lady told us early fall is the best time to go. Now I need to start planning our adventure out there!

 This was the shell of a turtle they had in their shop.
Dave napped when we got home so I went to buy Halloween goodies at Kirklands then met up with my sister and the girls for dinner at Wild Wings. Then I caught this pretty sunset on my way back home!

It was a great Saturday for sure!! 

Here is Maria, insert eye rolls now! It updated to a Catagory 1 since I saw this picture this morning!

Today we went to church, came home for a bit then headed to JI to hang with my parents. They harvested shrimp this morning so we helped a little bit with de-heading the shrimp, hung out, went to Aldi and the guys went to help retrieve a dock while mom and I went to have dinner. I enjoyed the one on one time with my mommy tonight just chit chatting about life. It's rare to get one on one time and I value every second of it. 

Now time for some fear the walking dead then bed! I got all my meal prepping done when we got home, not to relax! 

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!! 

Sara

No comments: