Sunday, September 17, 2017

Irma

 One of the few hummingbirds that are hanging around my parents house right now, we saw them on Saturday night while we were hanging out. I forgot to add them to my last post. 
 Sunday they cancelled church due to Hurricane Irma and the unexpected impacts on the lowcountry. We hung out around the house most of the morning. Alayna, I mean Elsa and I colored pictures with chalk on the back patio since we had removed all the furniture back there. 

 We then decided we were bored and ventured to Target to spend the rest of her allowance ($2) she ended up getting a $3 unicorn tail I told her I would spot her a dollar since she had been on her best behavior. 
We had fun in the halloween section. I dont know why I did peace signs but later when I got home I realized she did them too which cracked me up. 

 When we got back to the house we decided we needed to go outside and get some fresh air. We were already starting to feel the effects of Irma, nothing crazy, but we knew we needed to get outside before the storm got crazy. 
 Logan sure is the cutest, we went for a walk and found a huge baseball and a cut out for him to take a picture in. 
 Sunday night the kids went back to their mom as usual but more so because I had to work on Monday. We had thought of keeping them longer until I found out I had to work from home. 
 The storm wasn't too terrible in my neighborhood, the wind was definitely intense and loud at times which I didnt like but besides my flowers ending up in the middle of the yard and a neighbors tree falling our neighborhood seemed fine. There was a lot of flooding in other areas of Charleston especially downtown. Now we have another Hurricane out there in the Atlantic and I pray it goes North and east QUICK. Those poor islands do not need another hurricane this darn quick. 

 Tuesday we had late in for work so I woke up around 7 and took Teddy for a walk and I was amazed at how beautiful it was when just a few hours before we were still having tropical storm conditions. 

Dave and I worked out, I took this waiting on him to finish showering at work. It was nice to have a chill morning then go into work. 

We were able to ride to work together and leave together which I loved and I am hoping next year he will work here and we can do this daily. That is my prayer right now but at the end of the day Gods will be done! 

Pray Maria goes out to sea and spares everyone!!!

Sara

No comments: