Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Mothers Day Weekend

 Last weekend was jam packed full of fun and a ton of time spent with my boy. We had two weekends back to back without the kids but they are back this weekend with us then back to our normal schedule with 2 weeks thrown in during the summer. This is probably our last summer getting them for 2 whole weeks because next summer Dave won't be in the military. Unless he has no job then I guess he could have potentially even more time with them.
Thinking out loud here so I will just stop. haha I am believing he WILL have a job and things will be just fine.
 Friday when Dave got home he had brought me a surprise and it was this pretty piece of art for the yard. He knows how much I love my yard so this was perfect.
 We got ready then headed to JI for dinner at the Bohemian Bull. He is obsessed with their breakfast burger and craves this thing all the time so we figured a date night Friday would be great! So obviously that is what he had, we ordered onion rings that were to die for and I had a black bean burger which was surprisingly delicious. There was also a margarita involved which was also quite tasty.
 We sat at their outside bar and the weather was beautiful so all in all a great date!
 We stopped by to see our friends for an hour then stopped by mom and dads then headed home and passed OUT.

Saturday morning I slept past 9 which hasn't happened in gosh at least 3 years, like I woke up after Dave. This.Never.Happens. haha I should also mention I have been sick since the previous Saturday so I think my body just needed that sleep and the margarita helped that happen. After we got ready we went to the gym and for the first time ever we worked out together and I really liked it. Then we went shopping where I got some shoes then we got groceries.
 
Later that afternoon the storms moved in and it POURED for a few hours. We had free tickets to the Battery soccer game which we were sure at that point we wouldn't get to use but the skies cleared and we decided to go and hope for the best. It turned out to be a beautiful night for some soccer and we both were really glad we decided to go. We were also thankful I brought a towel or we would have had wet butts. haha
  Free shirts too!! woop woop!




 Sunday was Mothers day!
I got a lot of mothers day wishes which was cool, I forget this applies to me now even though I am a step mom. I definitely fall short when it comes to being a mom but I can say I do my absolute best and love those kids unconditionally.
 
They had a photobooth area at church so mommy and I took 2 pictures before church started! I sure love my mommy and our pictures we took! The one with the hats is so cute!
There was a cupcake table outside after service and the cupcakes were amazing! A girl from church owns her own business, I grabbed her card and will definitely be having her bake for me in the future. delish!!

The pretty flower we got for mom! I loved it and I may need to go get me one too!
 We headed to mom and dads later for a taco lunch that was delish! Lots of yummy food was consumed on mothers day!
Lots of family time which I loved! I wish I had worn nicer clothes to Grammies house because mom and gram look so nice in this picture and I look like a bum! haha
 
 One last thing, We bought this umbrella this past weekend after WEEKS of searching and it's really nice.
 It won't last long though because we are having a gazebo delivered this weekend, we are blessed and very fortunate to have people who love us and bless us with nice things! We will continue to enjoy the umbrella a little bit longer though. It's probably a good thing though we are not keeping it because Teddy does not like it and barks at it. He is a special puppy!
 
Hope you all had a wonderful mothers day!!
 
Sara

 

No comments: