Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Solar Eclipse

 Last Monday the Solar Eclipse was pretty much what everyone was talking about and we were definitely in on it. We planned to get the kids that morning and hang out with them during the day. Our original plan was to go on base to the library to their big eclipse party but last minute changed our plans and I am SO glad we did. I initially thought my parents had their car all full but when I found out they had room for us I jumped on it.
 We got the kids, grabbed some doughnuts, headed home to pack a cooler and headed to JI.

 While looking for my wedding dress Alayna spotted the bird and deer in my dads closet and felt the need to touch it. I think every kid in our family has at some point wanted to touch the deer head, a right of passage?
 We got ready then headed to the yacht club to hang out and wait for the show.






 We enjoyed playing down on the beach at low tide.




 
 Around 1:30 the clouds started to clear a bit and I heard someone say I can see it so of course after that our eyes were on the sky.

Mommy and me with our cool eclipse glasses!
 I got a few pictures using my glasses in front of my Iphone camera.
 Not staged, legit her reaction to everything! :)
 During totality, this was by far the coolest thing I have EVER seen!
It was 100% worth all the hype and weeks of talking about it. I would even venture to say I would travel (not TOO far) to see it again because it truly was THAT cool.



 After the fun of the sun we went back to hanging out, painting rocks, eating snacks and enjoying our day before heading out.

 We had an absolute BLAST and I am thankful I got to spend that time with my family. It was definitely an experience!
 
Sara



No comments: