Thursday, August 11, 2016

Splash Zone

Since we had the kids this week I had thought I would take off work early one afternoon but didn't know which day. This is a busy payroll week and I had a meeting scheduled for Wednesday, the meeting was cancelled so Wednesday it was. I woke up early to get to work by 6, walked outside and it was POURING rain. I wasn't too worried because weather can change minute to minute so leaving at noon surely it would be fine! Work was SO busy and it was still raining but I knew they wanted to go so I told Dave if by noon it wasn't raining I would come home as planned. I got home around 12:30 and it was only cloudy, no big deal THEN the sky dropped. I thought for sure our splash zone plans were officially ruined.

Fast forward to 2:30 we went to my parents to change and pick up their park pass and decided to just go ahead and try the park because it was only cloudy at that point. We got there a little after 3, still cloudy but not raining and headed in for some fun.
It was cloudy for the first 30 minutes then that beautiful warm sun came out and it was perfect! I even got a little sun which was needed!
 

 
 The slides were the highlight of the entire visit, I went once but the handle on the double tube bruised the side of my leg so once was enough for me! The bruise was worth it because Alayna was thrilled I did the slide with her.
One thing that was great about the crummy weather earlier in the day, there was hardly anyone at the park! We got lucky because normally there would be lines for the big slides but they literally walked up, slid down, walked right back up and slid down again. No waits at all, WINNING!
 


 



 


When we weren't at the slides we were here which I loved because I just laid in the water and didn't have a care in the world! Kids +pools+a million lifeguards=relaxing water park time!

They loved getting to go down the slide together!
 
We had such a good time and I am so glad we were able to fit it in this week. This is the last full week they are open then it's only weekends until labor day. You will not catch me there on a weekend, there is not enough Xanax for that.
We have had a pretty good week with the kids, tonight is meet the teacher then tomorrow night they go back to their moms.

Sara
 

No comments: