Thursday, October 13, 2016

Hurricane Matthew

 Last week was ALL about Hurricane Matthew and this week has been all about the aftermath. We worked Monday and Tuesday then had the rest of the week off due to the hurricane. The governor ordered evacuations and I am SO thankful the military decided we didn't HAVE to leave. They did evacuate the bases but since we don't live on them we were good. I won't lie though once we got closer to Friday and the track wasn't moving as East as we wanted I started to get nervous. Dave and my parents both made me feel alright about staying and I am so glad I listened to them. Leaving Charleston wouldn't have been that bad but I heard people say it took 7 hours to get back from Greenville which should take max 4. We had a little fun before the storm though....
 They are doing this CFC campaign at work to raise money and they did a compliment event. This is the one my husband had delivered to me. It definitely was a bright point in my day!
Wednesday morning we had our final walk through on our house then after we headed to the AFB to workout. There was maybe 10 people in there so it was really quiet and nice. We hung out the rest of the day at home.
 Thursday after lunch we met up with my friend Melinda and her niece at the N. Charleston Riverfront Park. We all wanted to get out before the storm to help cabin fever not be as bad plus it was still nice outside besides some wind and clouds.  

 We walked around and just enjoyed the afternoon while Dave walked around playing Pokémon. Apparently this park is a prime location for Pokémon playing.
 We got an early dinner then stayed home the rest of the day. Friday I woke up early, took Teddy for a long walk, we hit up Target and grabbed his buddies truck then chilled the rest of the day. The weather started to get bad Friday evening so we knew we were staying put after moving our cars to a better parking spot. Where we normally park has TONS of big trees around so we moved them to a better location.
 All Friday night and Saturday morning this is what I was watching, I wanted to stay informed. I was able to get some good sleep though and so did Dave so that was a win.

 We drove around Saturday afternoon to check out the neighborhood and went to check on the new house. There were trees down and water but nothing major near us.

This was the only thing wrong at the new house, a bent tree.

Poor baby squirrel I saw Saturday afternoon, I was too scared to touch it because the other squirrels were near by. Hopefully it was ok. I read online there were TONS of baby squirrels that people took to shelters, thanks to the winds they fell out their nests.
Sunday we went to my parents house to hang out with the family! Then Monday we packed, worked out and just chilled.

We were supposed to close on our house yesterday but the hurricane put a lot of things behind. We are scheduled for Monday at this point. IF inspections happened yesterday there is a slight chance for tomorrow but I highly doubt it at this point. I told Dave to just go ahead and bank on Monday. It definitely have been inconvenient and stressful BUT things could be worse so I am trying to stay as positive as I possibly can. I am struggling but I am trying! Soon we will be all settled in and all this will be behind us....

Hopefully my next post is about us moving in!


No comments: