Friday, June 17, 2011

Party

Last night I was my mommy's date to her Summer Mortgage Bankers Party. It was under the Ravanel Bridge's at the Mt. Pleasant Waterfront Park. I had been once before with Shannon and the girls for them to play on the playground and to walk on the docks but not for a party. Although I have heard before that this is a great spot for a wedding. I think the outside would be great for a ceremony but the inside isn't quite wedding in my opinion. Unless you have a very low key lowcountry wedding then I guess it would be perfect.


I pretty much just followed her around the whole night. That would be mainly because the 2 times I wasn't with her I got stuck in awkward conversations with men. One was extremely awkward.... but I won't go into that one! haha They had really yummy food catered by Smokey Oaks which is a yummy restaraunt on James Island. We had "lowcountry boil" which consists of corn on the cob, sausage, shrimp, onions and potatos boiled together and seasoned perfectly. Then they also had bbq but by the time mom and I got our food the bbq was gone! I am sure it was yummy though! All in all it was a good night. We saw some of the sunset which was gorgeous and we saw a container ship leaving the harbor. I thought for sure it was going to run right into the bridge. haha but it definitely did not.


My new dress that I got from the Airport! haha yes the airport! When we were in Philly I saw it as I was walking passed it, tried it on OVER my clothes ( no dressing rooms) and bought it! I figured if it didn't really fit I would find someone to have it! And it is blue not black, not sure why it looks black in this picture.


Here is a picture of the container ship during the sunset! I thought it looked pretty cool. Of course I am the girl that loves "transportation" haha I love cars, trains, planes, and boats! I know I am weird haha


After the party! Hair is UP and this girl was tired. I had 2 glasses of Chardonnay and I was sleepy!



**When we got home though we found out that my sisters Father in law lost his battle with Cancer. He fought hard but he couldn't fight anymore. Please keep them in your prayers I know this is a really hard time for them and it is so sad. But Mr. Gene is in a better place now and I know he is no longer in any pain. **



AND to end on a happier note look at this picture of my little guy! Isn't he just the cutest!?!?!




Happy Friday everyone!!!




Love, Sara

1 comment:

Jami said...

I love that dress...who would have thought it would have come from an airport!!