Friday, April 6, 2018

Vacation Day 2

Day 2 we woke up around 730 got ready then headed to Trenton to pick up his dad and head to NYC for the day. This was the only nice day we had so we picked the perfect day to go walk around the city. 
 New York!!
So I ended up planning this perfectly although I didn't know until that day. We headed to Staten Island to take the ferry over to the city. It was Sunday so parking ended up being free and the ferry is free, SCORE! 
 One thing I love about the ferry is the views, they really are great! 

 We got off the ferry then headed up Wall Street to find the subway we needed. We stopped at the Wall Street Bull for a photo opp. 
 
 I was proud of us for finding the right train and navigating it well up to Central Park. 
 
 When we got off the Subway we were right near Dylans Candy Bar so we stopped in to explore and get some candy. 
 


 I love the brownstones all over the city, they are gorgeous!
 As we were heading to the park we saw the one place I knew I 100% HAD to go to, Baked by Melissa. The best cupcakes, I get them every time I have gone to NYC. 

 One happy Sara right there, we shared this sampler pack it was perfect!
 We had ourselves a hotdog from a cart right near The Plaza then headed into Central Park to explore. 


 They had these bubbles all over the place, they were awesome. 










 



 After the park we headed up 5th ave toward Rockefeller Center for our appointment to go to the Top of the Rock. We saw all kinds of Easter celebrations going on and we walked right past this absolutely beautiful cross. 




 At 2 we headed up many many floors to the Top of the Rock. 
 






 This was absolutely the highlight of our day, heck one of the highlights from the trip. The views up there were absolutely awesome! 
 We hit up Bryant Park before heading to Grand central station to try and find a train back to the ferry. 

 The NYC Public Library, I wanted to go in but my feet were hurting so bad we just kept walking to get back to the ferry.
 
 I forget what time we got on the ferry but it was sometime after 5. We walked 20K steps by the time the day was over, so needless to say our feet were done. I of course got some more awesome pictures from the ferry on our way back to the car. 

 

 One of my favorite pics I got that day. 



We got back to the house with enough time to hang out and watch the Walking Dead before passing out. Long but awesome day!

Sara

No comments: